Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Galilee

Today is really just going to be a journal entry for myself.  I will add pictures later, but for now I just want to get some of my thoughts on paper.  Being in the Holy Land does something to you.  There is a reverence that comes.  I can literally feel myself more at peace.  My mind is slower.  Not slower in the sense of not being able to think straight.  Slower in the sense that I don't have a million things running through my mind.  I naturally have not been interested in things that might detract from the spirit that is here.  I have such a yearning to feel what is to be felt here. 
When you sit on the shores of the Sea of Galilee and look out over it stories that you have learned about your whole life start to play out in your mind.  You envision the Savior walking on water and reaching out to save Peter.  You see Him calming a storm.  You see him calling his apostles to come and follow Him.  You see Him gathering His disciples to teach and train them.  You see him performing miracles.  And what you really see and feel is that the Savior loved.  He loved the little children.  He loved the blind.  He loved the downtrodden.  He loved the sinners.  He loved his mother.  He loved his apostles.  He loved giving the people understanding of the gospel.  He loved to teach.  He loved to heal.  He loved.  He was perfect.  He never hurt anyone's feelings. He never judged.  He never wanted his happiness over anothers.  He was temperate. He was patient.  He was

2 comments:

  1. Ella simpson ( i was @ home and life with my mumApril 25, 2012 at 11:28 PM

    Wow! Sounds great! Love to see pics though. The saviour sounds a bit like you! I love reading your blog is great keep it up. When does this brill trip end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm not sure how I found your blog but I'm so moved by the work you & your family are doing. I would love to know more about the work you do & if there is any way I can help. You mentioned micro loans in your latest post but I was unable to find a link. I truly believe you are not raising children you & your husband are raising beautiful human beings.



    Barbara

    ReplyDelete