Thursday, January 20, 2011

The love of my life


I've been thinking a lot about this incredibly good looking man lately.  We just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary and have now know each other for just shy of 22 years.  I think we were able to meet so early in life because God knew I could only survive 14 years with out him :).  He has been my best friend for as long as I can remember and has given me every joy my heart as ever needed or wanted.   He is a true old fashioned gentleman.  Anyone who knows Matt knows of his genuine ability to friendship all and make you feel important in his life.



He reads more books on parenting than I do, and loves to read the latest book on how to inspire and become better.  He plays the very active role of father in our family with dedication.  He is committed to becoming the best father he can by being present in their life, giving them opportunities, and the trickiest part of all--balancing home and work life.  I think it is very unique in a man to have the priorities he has.  We could never be here as a family working in these orphanages with out his willingness to work most the night on his computer and on phone calls while we are all sleeping, so we can experience this.   He melts my heart and I just wanted to let you know who the man behind the mission was...

2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful tribute Ally. You're both very blessed. To have each other.

    ReplyDelete